Welcome to American Politics

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

it also does not exonerate

let's talk about the Mueller investigation(s)

21,420 posts in this topic

Just now, NJHurricane said:

Congress will pursue the responsibilities put before it by the Special Counsel...

Top Democrats are keeping their options open on impeachment

Reps. Adam Schiff and Elijah Cummings explained why the House may move to impeach Trump knowing the effort is likely to fail in the Senate.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2019/4/21/18509942/top-democrats-are-keeping-their-options-open-on-impeachment

Good luck

This will work out great for democrats in 2020.

3 hours ago, NJHurricane said:

The only danger to Democrats is the appearance that potential impeachment is their only priority.

The only people truly upset at Congress exercising its oversight are TrumpHumpers, who are a significant and reliable minority of the electorate, but a minority nonetheless.

Clinton was a more popular president being pursued for obstruction of mostly deeply personal misconduct.  Enthusiastic acceptance of help from a nuclear armed foreign adversary to win an election and then obstructing the investigation into that adversary’s actions strike most people as far more serious.

It really shouldn't be an issue. Yeah some will voice their displeasure and echo the rights narrative, trumpism is now taking a defensive posture and it's advantageous to keep them there. 

They know they are in the wrong with what the Mueller report is stating. Should they choose hang on to it like a sinking ship, great. 

It's only going to get worse. 

Just now, President Clown Shoes said:

I have yet to hear an argument with merit as to why to begin an impeachment process being detrimental to the democrats relection chances. The only argument I hear is the Clinton impeachment and what it did to his numbers(popularity) and that is a flawed argument.

I think it’s a bad idea for the Dems.  It’s just not clear-cut.  This remaining caught up in the non-collusion quagmire is not building a platform of optimism, giving voters something to vote for.  It’s partisan and essentially saying vote for us because we’re not as bad as the other guy.  This is going to be particularly problematic if the economy continues to appear to be doing well and particularly if impeachment is ultimately unsuccessful.  It’s really not a great gamble form a risk/reward standpoint.  But this is also why they’ll probably pursue it. Because they’re stupid.

Edited by Cold Rain

I'd tell the Dems to put a tremendous effort to ensure control of both the Senate and House in 2020. If trumphole wins, then impeachment will be warranted and fairly easy..

Just now, Stinkin' TrumpHole said:

I'd tell the Dems to put a tremendous effort to ensure control of both the Senate and House in 2020. If trumphole wins, then impeachment will be warranted and fairly easy..

Exactly.  The house impeaches and then the Senate will acquit.  Then Trump can claim he was vindicated all right in the run up to the 2020 elections.  No thanks. 

Let 2020 play out then go for the jugular.  Win, lose, or draw it’s a much better strategy. 

Just now, Stinkin' TrumpHole said:

Why would you impeach him for no reason ?

Just now, Snowflakes said:

Why would you impeach him for no reason ?

Dude even my Trump thumping relatives think the guy is a total asshole unfit to be president.  Really he’s a total embarrassment to all Americans.  You could pick ten different valid reason to impeach his ass.  Come da fuck on. 

On 4/20/2019 at 3:50 PM, Cold Rain said:

Bob is all hit and run now.  He used to be one of the level-headed ones.  TDS is a beast.

You get it anyway, Trump broke our relationship.  Obviously I think you're the one that's deranged for supporting him, thus the impasse.

1 person likes this

Just now, Lithiawx said:

Dude even my Trump thumping relatives think the guy is a total asshole unfit to be president.  Really he’s a total embarrassment to all Americans.  You could pick ten different valid reason to impeach his ass.  Come da fuck on. 

There are no real reasons to impeach him. Are you going to impeach him because you don't like him ?

I know plenty of hardcore Trump supporters who are going to vote for him next year.

There are no real reasons to impeach him. Are you going to impeach him because you don't like him ?

I know plenty of hardcore Trump supporters who are going to vote for him next year.

no one gives a fuck about the morons you know.

there are potential reasons to impeach him. if you're not willing to learn about them then shut the fuck up.

Jesus is disappointed in you.

Just now, bobbutts said:

You get it anyway, Trump broke our relationship.  Obviously I think you're the one that's deranged for supporting him, thus the impasse.

Jesus is disappointed in him.

3 hours ago, PB says what's up losers said:

You need to read the report yourself and find where Mueller was adamant that the Russians never found a willing partner inside the campaign. 

Did you miss you that ? 

Lastly , you will see that the fact that no recommendation to request charges be filed came early on.

Its why they focused on obstruction.

Read the report. 

I’ve been reading a bit every day since it came out, thanks.

Willing partner to what exactly?  To a documentable overt conspiracy?

Why would Russia pursue that when they were getting what they wanted from the Trump campaign anyway?

The moment they dangled what Trump wanted and Don Jr, Jared Kushner and Manafort showed up at Trump tower they had what they needed.

In a section of the report with a lot of redactions...references to multiple Trump campaign officials excited about and planning for anticipated releases of stolen documents by Wikileaks (Wikileaks is mentioned in the report as being a witting conduit, along with DCleaks and Guccifer 2.0 of the material stolen by the GRU units)

994B7DDB-0CFF-4F81-96A6-E658266FFBC0.jpeg

80D99AE0-38F6-4211-835E-5CE3FC1253E1.jpeg

Brief summary about the pipeline of the info stolen by the GRU disseminated to Wikileaks and the Trump campaigns expressed interest in this material...

BB485BFF-F5A1-490A-ADC7-D7B0CFFDEFAF.jpeg

More Papa D related info...involving Sam Clovis and Walid Phares...warnings about conference attendees “nervous about Russia” and something about “representatives of the office of Putin” and handwritten notes “without the backing of the campaign” 

35EBEA62-74D8-4EBD-9814-6BDC0BD7946B.jpeg

5C963872-FA96-43B2-B506-90F6CB648138.jpeg

Edited by NJHurricane

The saga of Papa D continues in the report:

He gets fired for disclosing stuff in a media interview 

He cant recall telling Trump campaign officials about stolen/hacked materials and Russia’s intention to release the info via 3rd parties...

All of the officials can’t recall Papa D telling them everything Russia was about to do to with the stolen material

329F73F8-540E-415C-A0FD-87AC2CE33944.jpeg

FDD81511-3679-4DB9-95E7-BB7751201EC6.jpeg

F018F20A-50F6-49C0-97B8-A8C68CADA77F.jpeg

Edited by NJHurricane

43 minutes ago, NJHurricane said:

I’ve been reading a bit every day since it came out, thanks.

Willing partner to what exactly?  To a documentable overt conspiracy?

Why would Russia pursue that when they were getting what they wanted from the Trump campaign anyway?

The moment they dangled what Trump wanted and Don Jr, Jared Kushner and Manafort showed up at Trump tower they had what they needed.

So you think the President committed a crime just because the Russians made attempts to infiltrate his campaign? 

Is that what you think is a crime ? 

Mueller says the Russians didnt find a willing partner therefore conspiracy did not take place.

You need 2 parties in order for conspiracy to occur.

And the Don Jr meeting was addressed in the report , the lawyer who approaches Jr ends up meeting with Glen Simpson the day before , the morning of and the day of the Jr meeting.

Set up much ? 

Mueller states  in the report , which is the same thing we said here a year ago , nothing of value was recieved.

He was green and  took a meeting thinking there was dirt on Hillary but there wasn't, she never had it.

The only actual dirt that was received by a political party for value was paid for by a DNC lawyer ( hes on record admitting to it ).

I think you guys are all blind to that fact  , you guys dont realize what a wacky echo chamber you are in here and you guys are being lead by that complete moron Trixie.