Welcome to American Politics

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

full brown shirt

let's talk about the Mueller investigation(s)

26,315 posts in this topic

Just now, Chernobyl said:

If there is going to be a start to momentum and swaying public opinion, it begins on this date.  This is how Nixon’s impeachment got off the ground. Americans don’t like reading the book, they want the movie.  Once people hear Mueller explain what he found, Trump might be fucked. 

The question is: will most of America understand when Mueller uses similar phrasing that says it’s in congress’s hands? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PB says what's up losers said:

Fozz how did you miss those? 

Oh boo hoo she called you a racist idiot. You spew insults in practically every other post you make so you really don't have a leg to stand on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PB says what's up losers said:

Fozz how did you miss those? 

You don’t know what a slur is, dummy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fozz said:

Oh boo hoo she called you a racist idiot. You spew insults in practically every other post you make so you really don't have a leg to stand on.

She didn't call me a racist, she called AG a racist you dimwit.

My point was you posted only the right insults when 2 pages before she posted 7 insults.

You're sloppy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tornado Binge said:

You don’t know what a slur is, dummy

You don't have the slightest clue as to why we are laughing at you guys in here do you? 

You're still waiting for some 11th hour bombshell huh ? 

Lol, you're an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PB says what's up losers said:

She didn't call me a racist, she called AG a racist you dimwit.

My point was you posted only the right insults when 2 pages before she posted 7 insults.

You're sloppy.

oh for fuck’s sake:  Fozz was pointing out how ironic it was that you—a dummy who missed this obvious point—were calling me stupid.

how are you so thoroughly dumb?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, full brown shirt said:

oh for fuck’s sake:  Fozz was pointing out how ironic it was that you—a dummy who missed this obvious point—were calling me stupid.

how are you so thoroughly dumb?

Whaaaaaat? Lol

Fozz listed my insults and posted that the " right are the ones who insult" 

And the 2 pages prior to my insults were 8 insults by you towards AG etc.

Lol,  you're a complete idiot huh ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PB says what's up losers said:

Zzzzzzzzzz

 

Good night.

 

Another Nothingburger.

 

You posted 22 times in this thread since word of Mueller’s testimony.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to the gang here analyzing facial tics, body language, and what Mueller “didn’t say” in a desperate bid to find meaning in his boring words. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe one of these days the D's will throw and land a decent punch.  Hopefully a string of them strategically timed to put them over the top in 2020.  I'm not bold enough to predict that, but it seems possible anyway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Looking forward to the gang here analyzing facial tics, body language, and what Mueller “didn’t say” in a desperate bid to find meaning in his boring words. 

You should be less worried about the “gang here” than about the average voter.  Mueller’s drive by statement in late May certainly didn’t put the “nothingburger” narrative into a good light.  

TrumpPublicans should hope that Mueller only dryly reiterates what’s in the report.  Democrats should politely and firmly pursue lines of questioning that encourage him to further elaborate on the report in laymen’s terms, with particular focus on the fact the report does not exonerate on the matter of OOJ.  The danger for Democrats is badgering Mueller to be more explicit than he is willing and appearing to attack him.  The danger for Republicans is the other side of that coin...attacking Mueller with their “conflicted! Angry Democrats!” narrative.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NJHurricane said:

You should be less worried about the “gang here” than about the average voter.  Mueller’s drive by statement in late May certainly didn’t put the “nothingburger” narrative into a good light.  

TrumpPublicans should hope that Mueller only dryly reiterates what’s in the report.  Democrats should politely and firmly pursue lines of questioning that encourage him to further elaborate on the report in laymen’s terms, with particular focus on the fact the report does not exonerate on the matter of OOJ.  The danger for Democrats is badgering Mueller to be more explicit than he is willing and appearing to attack him.  The danger for Republicans is the other side of that coin...attacking Mueller with their “conflicted! Angry Democrats!” narrative.  

 

Issuing the subpoena means that Mueller can’t set the rules and hide behind any legal shield when he is asked by the GOP about the origins of the investigation. That will be their focus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NJHurricane said:

You should be less worried about the “gang here” than about the average voter.  Mueller’s drive by statement in late May certainly didn’t put the “nothingburger” narrative into a good light.  

TrumpPublicans should hope that Mueller only dryly reiterates what’s in the report.  Democrats should politely and firmly pursue lines of questioning that encourage him to further elaborate on the report in laymen’s terms, with particular focus on the fact the report does not exonerate on the matter of OOJ.  The danger for Democrats is badgering Mueller to be more explicit than he is willing and appearing to attack him.  The danger for Republicans is the other side of that coin...attacking Mueller with their “conflicted! Angry Democrats!” narrative.  

 

I think the testimony will have to be significantly more compelling than his late May statement. There was no noticeable effect on Trump from that statement. 

The fivethirtyeight average of his approval rating on the day before his statement was 41.1%. Today, it is 42.3%. It never got lower than 41% during that stretch either. 

The American people need a bombshell I think to make it matter. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PhineasC said:

Issuing the subpoena means that Mueller can’t set the rules and hide behind any legal shield when he is asked by the GOP about the origins of the investigation. That will be their focus. 

As an honest partisan I pray they go down those roads...like literally lighting candles and praying.  I think the party that is seen as openly hostile to Mueller has the most to lose politically.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I think the testimony will have to be significantly more compelling than his late May statement. There was no noticeable effect on Trump from that statement. 

The fivethirtyeight average of his approval rating on the day before his statement was 41.1%. Today, it is 42.3%. It never got lower than 41% during that stretch either. 

The American people need a bombshell I think to make it matter. 

I don’t expect any of the President’s supporters to have some epiphany.  I think the structure of the hearings, the tone of the questions and Mueller’s methods of response could  be, as many expect, simply be a more drawn out version of his May statements...but the dynamics between Mueller and committee members could either fix a narrative of Democrats endlessly fishing for more and acting peevish towards Mueller...or one of Republicans aggressively attacking him for doing the job assigned to him...the latter could more firmly fix a narrative of a corrupt and obstructive chief executive and a team of bullying allies in Congress more concerned with protecting him at all costs than a full public airing of facts by the lead investigators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

his testimony will be consistent with the report.  there will be nothing new as mueller has already told us his report is his testimony

the needle will not move on impeachment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Titty Bar Connoisseur said:

his testimony will be consistent with the report.  there will be nothing new as mueller has already told us his report is his testimony

the needle will not move on impeachment

Both sides will claim “victory” afterwards, but it doesn’t matter as average Americans have already moved on from this. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PhineasC said:

Both sides will claim “victory” afterwards, but it doesn’t matter as average Americans have already moved on from this. 

No one is really talk about this except for the people on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, full brown shirt said:

what about the 10 examples of obstruction of justice?

But I was promised Russian blood. Nothing about obstruction 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now