Welcome to American Politics

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

it also does not exonerate

let's talk about the Mueller investigation(s)

21,420 posts in this topic

Robert Mueller Chooses His Investigatory Dream Team

https://www.wired.com/story/robert-mueller-special-counsel-investigation-team/

The details of that trip—and the subsequent capture of one of America’s most wanted terrorists by Zebley and Gaudin—help illuminate the makeup of the special counsel team that former FBI director Robert Mueller is assembling. It’s a team that contains some of the nation’s top investigators and leading experts on seemingly every aspect of the potential investigation—from specific crimes like money laundering and campaign finance violations to understanding how to navigate both sprawling globe-spanning cases and the complex local dynamics of Washington power politics.

Remember when Trump said he was completely and totally vindicated?  Seems like just yesterday.

Just now, AmericaIsScrewed said:

imo this topic is pointless, we already have a "discuss the russia scandal thread"

the Mueller investigation is looking in crimes related to financial dealings, as well as obstruction of justice.  and the current discussion has been randomly strewn in the hodge podge presidency* thread.

1 person likes this

Just now, wxtrix said:

the Mueller investigation is looking in crimes related to financial dealings, as well as obstruction of justice.  and the current discussion has been randomly strewn in the hodge podge presidency* thread.

I think I posted a week or two ago that it started to seem like the FBI and/or special prosecution team was going to investigate Trump until they found something to put the hammer down on him with.  They'd find something eventually, because well, Trump. This helps support my opinion as does the pivot to the obstruction flavor of the investigation.

How awesome would it be if Trump demanded the DAG fire Mueller now?

Just now, ohleary said:

I think I posted a week or two ago that it started to seem like the FBI and/or special prosecution team was going to investigate Trump until they found something to put the hammer down on him with.  They'd find something eventually, because well, Trump. This helps support my opinion as does the pivot to the obstruction flavor of the investigation.

the financial crimes, the treason, and the obstruction are all related.  his team is going to get it all done with help from the Senate and maybe the House.

Just now, librul circle jerker said:

How awesome would it be if Trump demanded the DAG fire Mueller now?

I would not be surprised if (1) he does tonight and (2) this leak was made to troll him.

Just now, wxtrix said:

the financial crimes, the treason, and the obstruction are all related.  his team is going to get it all done with help from the Senate and maybe the House.

I don't think they'll stop until they do. They won't if they are real Americans.

Just now, wxtrix said:

I would not be surprised if (1) he does tonight and (2) this leak was made to troll him.

DAG wouldn't do it, he said as much yesterday during his own hearing. But it would be hilarious if Trump now demanded it and we had our own version of the Saturday Night Massacre. 

Just now, ohleary said:

I don't think they'll stop until they do. They won't if they are real Americans.

the intelligence community went to war with the president* in January.  after he leaked secrets to Russian spies in the Oval Office they went nuclear.  they're all going down--look at the team he has assembled (detailed in the first link).

DAG wouldn't do it, he said as much yesterday during his own hearing. But it would be hilarious if Trump now demanded it and we had our own version of the Saturday Night Massacre. 

Below the DAG, there are only two other senate confirmed members in the DOJ (because Trump isn't staffing the gov't).  If they also resign, it gets into really murky territory.

Ooo, even more so, firing Mueller now, after it is reported he is actively investigating Trump would def be obstruction of justice.

Lordy, this is awesome.

Ooo, even more so, firing Mueller now, after it is reported he is actively investigating Trump would def be obstruction of justice.

Lordy, this is awesome.

This has to be eating away at his ego. 

Rough night in store at the White House. 

Just now, Violentweatherfan said:

This has to be eating away at his ego. 

Rough night in store at the White House. 

Wonder if he asks for three scoops of ice cream with his birthday cake

1 person likes this

Lordy, this is awesome.

"there was only one catch, and that was Catch-22."

1 person likes this

Wonder if he asks for three scoops of ice cream with his birthday cake

That's right it's his birthday lol!  Just to mess with him. 

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.

It started because of Russia, clownshoes

Just now, user13 said:

Lol even she agrees Russia is over.

Thanks

Investigators have also been looking for any evidence of possible financial crimes among Trump associates, officials said.

Just now, H2O said:

It started because of Russia, clownshoes

Even if he says trump somehow obstructed trump will not get removed from office for this.

Plus he is bffs with Comey. It will not go anywhere. The attacks on Muller from the right will kill w.e he recommends.

Mark it down. I will be right again.

Edited by user13

Just now, user13 said:

Even if he says trump somehow obstructed trump will not get removed from office.

Plus he is bffs with Comey. It will not go anywhere.

They are trying their best to get him out of office. I have never seen this happen with any other president .

Edited by Trumpanzee11

Just now, user13 said:

Even if he says trump somehow obstructed trump will not get removed from office for this.

Plus he is bffs with Comey. It will not go anywhere. The attacks on Muller from the right will kill w.e he recommends.

Yeah, keep attacking Robert fucking Mueller.  Brilliant strategy.