Welcome to American Politics

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fbomb

Brazil Election

10 posts in this topic

Trump supporters are celebrating so he must be terrible

Congrats Brazil

On Women, Race and Sexual Orientation

Mr. Bolsonaro has described having a female child as a “weakness,” and has said he would not treat or pay women the same as men in the workplace.

“Because women get more labor rights than men, meaning they get maternity leave, the employer prefers to hire men … I would not employ [women equally]. But there are a lot of competent women out there.”

In 2014, he told a fellow lawmaker:

“I would not rape you because you are not worthy of it.”

In 2013, he said that he would “rather have a son who is an addict than a son who is gay,” and that he was “proud to be homophobic.”

In June 2011, he said he would “rather his son die in a car accident than be gay,” adding:

“If a gay couple came to live in my building, my property will lose value. If they walk around holding hands, kissing, it will lose value! No one says that out of fear of being pinned as homophobe.”

Oh there's more things he is atrocious for than just that.

It's a literal rap sheet of every possible horrible view you could have.

Calling Bolsonaro the Brazilian Trump is a huge understatement. That guy is far, far worse than Trump. The comparison to him doesn't do justice to how atrocious he is.

Just now, Fozz said:

Calling Bolsonaro the Brazilian Trump is a huge understatement. That guy is far, far worse than Trump. The comparison to him doesn't do justice to how atrocious he is.

This is what QE did

I thought you were supposedly pro-LGBT? Another lie?

Good

Brazil’s Supreme Court votes to criminalize homophobia and transphobia

In a rebuke to Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro, a self-proclaimed “proud” homophobe who has recently said the Brazil shouldn’t become a “gay tourism paradise,” the country’s highest court ruled in favor of the LGBTQ community.

On Thursday, six of the 11 justice ministers of the Supreme Court voted to make a crime to discriminate people on the basis of sexual orientation of gender identity. Two different laws — one with language targeting homophobia, another for transphobia — will be added to the law that criminalizes racism, until Congress can approve a specific bill.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/ny-brazil-lgbtq-criminalization-supreme-court-20190525-xdq2ljcdq5fkdmak3ip6edo3f4-story.html?fbclid=IwAR06qRqhMZqM4SqGkzEQyGcBlKCaZqVeSy5QhYzxFbE1LCcWjpNzPhz6Rvg