Welcome to American Politics

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cover ups never last

Brett Kavanaugh Senate Confirmation Hearing

9,095 posts in this topic

Just now, AGOLF TWITLER said:

You know... just a few months ago, I would have read this and thought, "I shouldn't be shocked at his cluelessness...", meaning that I was shocked, but shouldn't be.

Now, when I read this, I think, "I should be shocked at his cluelessness...", meaning that I'm not shocked, but I should be.

That tells you how far this country's standards and expectations have fallen.

That was a staffer tweet for sure.  The grammar is too good.  I guess they decided his base needed to be fired up.  I was shocked Trump stayed quiet for this as long as he did given it seems he is viewed more favorably by the far right when he goes off 

Just now, Snowgoose69 said:

That was a staffer tweet for sure.  The grammar is too good.  I guess they decided his base needed to be fired up.  I was shocked Trump stayed quiet for this as long as he did given it seems he is viewed more favorably by the far right when he goes off 

racist asshole still won't STFU.

Just now, Toad said:

You know... just a few months ago, I would have read this and thought, "I shouldn't be shocked at his cluelessness...", meaning that I was shocked, but shouldn't be.

Now, when I read this, I think, "I should be shocked at his cluelessness...", meaning that I'm not shocked, but I should be.

That tells you how far this country's standards and expectations have fallen.

Welcome to 1984. Or Animal Farm. Or idiocracy.  Or any story written by Kafka or PK Dick.

Just now, the kremlin annex said:

Your obsession with certain posters is quite creepy.

1 person likes this

Just now, Cold Rain said:

Your obsession with certain posters is quite creepy.

as creepy as Phin is with trix?

1 person likes this

Just now, Beto Male said:

as creepy as Phin is with trix?

It's not even close.  She responds to a higher percentage of his posts than Phin does hers.  It's pretty obvious she has certain posters she creepstalks.  I'm not sure she even realizes how abnormal it is.

he said without a hint of irony

2 people like this

Just now, PhineasC said:

I’m with brewbeer on this. I say we first arrest all four who were at the party and charge them with underage drinking. Once they are in jail, the FBI can proceed with under-oath formal interviews of all available friends and family of all four individuals. Make sure if you catch a lie, charge them too. We need to keep the pressure up to ensure we get justice. Next, the FBI can comb through both high schools (make sure to check their old lockers) and all nearby homes. Thanks to Twitter we know to check the home of that other look-alike guy, so pay special attention there. Also, dig into the background of the HS friend of Ford who sent that letter a few days ago before retracting it. We have to assume she has important info and was simply being harassed into silence. Put her under oath too. 

Did I miss anything? Getting to the bottom of this is really important. 

Pretty sure the statute of limitation has run out on the underage drinking charge. Most states give you up to a year to charge crimes that are misdemeanors.

It's not even close.  She responds to a higher percentage of his posts than Phin does hers.  It's pretty obvious she has certain posters she creepstalks.  I'm not sure she even realizes how abnormal it is.

long term creeper goes to phineas.  he has been dedicated for years on multiple boards and their spin-offs in going after trixie.

trixie is more of a short term creeper.  we just need a new young right wing poster to join to get her to move on from snowgoose.  or shaggy posts. 

Just now, non market forces said:

he said without a hint of irony

Randy said it’s ok if we go after that racist asshole and i’m just doing my part.

Just now, Nikolai Volkoff said:

long term creeper goes to phineas.  he has been dedicated for years on multiple boards and their spin-offs.

trixie is more of a short term creeper.  we just need a new young right wing poster to join to get her to move on from snowgoose.  or shaggy posts. 

you’re second to Phineas.  sad.

Kavanaugh accuser won’t testify Monday but open to doing so later next week

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/gop-vows-to-move-ahead-with-kavanaugh-vote-if-his-accuser-doesnt-testify-monday/2018/09/20/a7132ee8-bcf5-11e8-8792-78719177250f_story.html?__twitter_impression=true

On Friday morning, Whelan said he had made an “inexcusable mistake” by identifying Kavanaugh’s classmate.

“I made an appalling and inexcusable mistake of judgment in posting the tweet thread in a way that identified Kavanaugh’s Georgetown Prep classmate,” he said on Twitter. “I take full responsibility for that mistake, and I deeply apologize for it. I realize that does not undo the mistake.”

Whelan has been involved in helping to advise Kavanaugh’s confirmation effort and is close friends with both Kavanaugh and Leonard Leo, the head of the Federalist Society who has been helping to spearhead the nomination. Kavanaugh and Whelan also worked together in the Bush administration.

Kavanaugh and his allies have been privately discussing a defense that would not question whether an incident involving Ford happened, but instead would raise doubts that the attacker was Kavanaugh, according to a person familiar with the discussions.

mmmmhmmmmm

you’re second to Phineas.  sad.

looks like i struck a nerve 

looks like i struck a nerve 

lol. it’s actually funny to see you project your own behavior.

most of your replies to me are about when i post or who i reply to. rarely do they address the substance of what i post—they’re usually personal instead of political.

1 person likes this

long term creeper goes to phineas.  he has been dedicated for years on multiple boards and their spin-offs in going after trixie.

She creeps a lot more people, so there's that.  The volume of creepiness is pretty high.

Just now, PhineasC said:

I’m with brewbeer on this. I say we first arrest all four who were at the party and charge them with underage drinking. Once they are in jail, the FBI can proceed with under-oath formal interviews of all available friends and family of all four individuals. Make sure if you catch a lie, charge them too. We need to keep the pressure up to ensure we get justice. Next, the FBI can comb through both high schools (make sure to check their old lockers) and all nearby homes. Thanks to Twitter we know to check the home of that other look-alike guy, so pay special attention there. Also, dig into the background of the HS friend of Ford who sent that letter a few days ago before retracting it. We have to assume she has important info and was simply being harassed into silence. Put her under oath too. 

Did I miss anything? Getting to the bottom of this is really important. 

So many indictments on the way. Anyone who has ever spoken with or been within 30 feet of Kavanaugh should be under a broad umbrella investigation.

Let's let them have their day in court.

Dude 

1 person likes this

Can we stick to the topic just a little bit... maybe?

1 person likes this

Just now, Don't elect bobbleheads said:

Can we stick to the topic just a little bit... maybe?

LOL coming from you. Go google something...

NEW: Christine Blasey Ford will be talking to F.B.I. in San Francisco this afternoon -- not about Kavanaugh (which they are not investigating) but about online and telephone death threats against her, per her lawyer Lisa Banks.

Just now, Apricot Hellbeast said:
NEW: Christine Blasey Ford will be talking to F.B.I. in San Francisco this afternoon -- not about Kavanaugh (which they are not investigating) but about online and telephone death threats against her, per her lawyer Lisa Banks.

Good... as it should be.  And before anyone plays gotcha, death threats against Kavanaugh should also be investigated as they are also uncalled for

If they can find any of these people making death threats that would be good.