Welcome to American Politics

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cover ups never last

Brett Kavanaugh Senate Confirmation Hearing

9,095 posts in this topic

Ford would have to know that not testifying all but guarantees Kavanaugh will get confirmed.  Her testifying could very well get ugly with the questions that would be posed to her but at least there would be a chance that some Republicans might believe her or want to know more before voting.  Otherwise they are going to say well, we tried.  

Just now, colusion of grandeur said:

Ford would have to know that not testifying all but guarantees Kavanaugh will get confirmed.  Her testifying could very well get ugly with the questions that would be posed to her but at least there would be a chance that some Republicans might believe her or want to know more before voting.  Otherwise they are going to say well, we tried.  

I don't know how anyone can argue a drawn-out FBI investigation will somehow help keep her safe from threats whereas a hearing will not.

Just now, PhineasC said:

People are willing to literally kill others and themselves over politics. Why is it so hard to believe someone would be willing to make a false claim over politics?

well, for starters, calling for an FBI INVESTIGATION and then lying about it, IS A FELONY

but you're right... its politics, surely this woman made it all up at the hands of Democrats to delay the vote. 

1 person likes this

Same GOP women whining about Dr Ford were jumping and screaming when Big Huck didn’t get her fried chicken.

Just now, PhineasC said:

People are willing to literally kill others and themselves over politics. Why is it so hard to believe someone would be willing to make a false claim over politics?

What happens more often in the US?  Sexual assault or political killings?  

Just now, mappy said:

well, for starters, calling for an FBI INVESTIGATION and then lying about it, IS A FELONY

but you're right... its politics, surely this woman made it all up at the hands of Democrats to delay the vote. 

I think you are overplaying the "lying to the FBI" angle. This situation is so foggy I am not sure the FBI would ever be able to prove her recollection was wrong or she was lying. I am not convinced at this point she would even talk to the FBI. She hasn't talked to anyone else except some Democrats and the WaPo...

Just now, PhineasC said:

I think you are overplaying the "lying to the FBI" angle. This situation is so foggy I am not sure the FBI would ever be able to prove her recollection was wrong or she was lying. I am not convinced at this point she would even talk to the FBI. She hasn't talked to anyone else except some Democrats and the WaPo...

FFS you are really the worst. 

The only benefit to Dr. Ford in all this is that it may encourage other victims of sexual assault to speak out.  Otherwise, she's risking her livelihood by coming out publicly.

Not surprising that the usual group of dingleberries here can't comprehend that.

There is no chance there is just one woman he has assaulted.  his character isn’t squeaky clean by a long shot. He' a partisan hack who doesn’t belong on the Supreme Court and who was chosen for one reason.

Just now, AGOLF TWITLER said:

Same GOP women whining about Dr Ford were jumping and screaming when Big Huck didn’t get her fried chicken.

Funny thing is Trump brought in all the accusers of WJC to a debate...

Just now, PhineasC said:

But they have tried to reach out and she is ignoring them. Hirono's statement is BS.

Are you on the Senate Judicial committee?  You are privy to EVERYTHING that has been communicated between the parties?  Or are you relying on media reports?  The same media you don't trust other than Fox news?

Just now, H2O said:

Are you on the Senate Judicial committee?  You are privy to EVERYTHING that has been communicated between the parties?  Or are you relying on media reports?  The same media you don't trust other than Fox news?

its Phin. two days ago he said he didn't blame her for not wanting to testify, now he is huffing and puffing over it. 

Just now, colusion of grandeur said:

normal procedure is for the president* to order the FBI to re-open his background investigation.

but keep on repeating GOP talking points.

Just now, mappy said:

its Phin. two days ago he said he didn't blame her for not wanting to testify, now he is huffing and puffing over it. 

I still don't blame her... but if she refuses to play ball then the world will move on.

Just now, the kremlin annex said:

normal procedure is for the president* to order the FBI to re-open his background investigation.

"normal procedure"

How often does this happen?

There is no chance there is just one woman he has assaulted.  his character isn’t squeaky clean by a long shot. He' a partisan hack who doesn’t belong on the Supreme Court and who was chosen for one reason.

There might be no chance that he assaulted any woman.

Just now, mappy said:

I tried the same approach with him the other day. Now I know he's just trolling again.

lol @ playing ball.  The fucking pitcher is using a Gaylord Perry vasoline ball and the count is no balls and 2 strikes.

Get out of jail free card. That's why phin wants him. More trumpica.

Just now, PhineasC said:

"normal procedure"

How often does this happen?

rape and sexual assault happens every fucking day

Just now, H2O said:

rape and sexual assault happens every fucking day

Are you even reading the posts before you respond?

Just now, PhineasC said:

Are you even reading the posts before you respond?

You need the reminder it seems since you want to throw cold water so badly on this womans story and cast doubt that a guy did a bad thing.

Just now, Cold Rain said:

maybe not. seemed to party pretty heavily for a HS kid though. and 'devils triangle'.. not sure i would have had that one in my vocabulary as a 16-17 yo.

1 person likes this

Just now, the kremlin annex said:

Trump is allergic to being normal. Ford needs to take matters into her own hands instead of relying on Trump to ask the FBI to look into it. 

Just now, Cold Rain said:

Sure Jan.

Who has anything to gain by lying...other than Kavanaugh?