Welcome to American Politics

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cover ups never last

Brett Kavanaugh Senate Confirmation Hearing

9,095 posts in this topic

Just now, Apricot Hellbeast said:

I think it's riskier for the republicans if she did testify. They would have to tread lightly with their questioning or look like bullies. 

Their mouth-breathing constituency want her to get bullied, though.  How dare that uppity bitch screw up their red SCOTUS seat!

1 person likes this

Just now, Toad said:

Their mouth-breathing constituency want her to get bullied, though.  How dare that uppity bitch screw up their red SCOTUS seat!

But would backfire with independents if she's believable on the stand. Not that it matters since none of them are up for reelection or in a tough race at the moment

Donald said this to the media scrum this morning before he left for the Carolinas.

WaPo - Trump says alleged assault by Kavanaugh is ‘very hard for me to imagine’

President Trump said Wednesday that it is “very hard for me to imagine anything happened” between Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh and the woman who has accused him of sexual assault when both were teenagers.

Unless this guy was in the room there's no way he could say what did or didn't happen

Yeah, so he wouldn't be much help to the FBI either.

Just now, mappy said:

yes, yes you were. 

I don't blame her. Doesn't mean her conditions should be met. Moving the hearing is one thing, demanding it be postponed for months is another.

Just now, the kremlin annex said:

exactly.

OK, so why do we care about letters from her school friends and alumni who are even further removed?

Mappy, I'm really sorry this all fell apart. You'll get 'em next time, I bet.

And Smyth would be important in corroborating that Kavanaugh was even at the party.

I'm sorry you feel the need to mock this, Phin. But again, its you. No one should be surprised. :) 

Just now, PhineasC said:

Mappy, I'm really sorry this all fell apart. You'll get 'em next time, I bet.

You'll be eating your words when this scandal brings him down. Kavanaugh won't make it to the Supreme Court.

This story is a great example of why it is important to come forward with claims like this forcefully, early, and often. Had Ford mentioned a word of this to police, her teachers, school administrators, doctors, nurses, friends, family when it happened... it would make her story much, much stronger now.

Just now, Fozz said:

You'll be eating your words when this scandal brings him down. Kavanaugh won't make it to the Supreme Court.

Uh, you following the news, bro?

Just now, mappy said:

I'm sorry you feel the need to mock this, Phin. But again, its you. No one should be surprised. :) 

His loathing of women is well known. 

ah, we have reached peak victim blaming. 

Edited by mappy

Just now, Fozz said:

Sadly he will

1 person likes this

Just now, PhineasC said:

This story is a great example of why it is important to come forward with claims like this forcefully, early, and often. Had Ford mentioned a word of this to police, her teachers, school administrators, doctors, nurses, friends, family when it happened... it would make her story much, much stronger now.

Ah here we go again with the victim-blaming. Once again, you have zero ability to understand or empathize why sexual assault victims are afraid to come forward. And it’s exactly because of people like you who will immediately mock them. You really are a piece of shit. 

And if parents, teachers and police didn't shame women who do come forward, especially 35 years ago, more women would come forward

Sadly he will

Dammit. I guess I missed something between late yesterday and today.

Just now, Fozz said:

Dammit. I guess I missed something between late yesterday and today.

not much. Dr. Ford wants an FBI investigation before she were to testify and Grassley et al are saying no, they are moving forward with the hearing on Monday with or without her, then vote. 

So... its dumb. Unless he withdrawls, or some new information comes out, its just a delay of the inevitable at this point. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

Because it's just so easy to come forward, right?