Welcome to American Politics

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cover ups never last

Brett Kavanaugh Senate Confirmation Hearing

9,095 posts in this topic

Just now, H2O said:

mansplaining 

freshman year of college was too much for me but let me share my opinion on what a sexual assault victim should do

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snowgoose69 said:

My money is still on him withdrawing by the end of the week.    

Yea, might as well.

As long as a conservative gets the seat, I couldn't care any less.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/407203-graham-who-paid-for-kavanaugh-accusers-polygraph-test

Quote

“If it was this bad why did not the Democrats challenge Judge Kavanaugh when he was sitting right there in front of them?” Graham said. “I think it’s part of a pattern. They can’t beat him on the law so they are trying to destroy his life."

Dr Ford is going to be subjected to a lot of bullshit from the Republicans next week, when you have Graham already making these types of comments. 

Fuck these people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and this:

Grassley says only Kavanaugh and Ford will be subjected to testify. and no one else. hmmm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Don't elect bobbleheads said:

Yea, might as well.

As long as a conservative gets the seat, I couldn't care any less.

 

They went through the list this morning and all of them seem like worse candidates ideology wise from the viewpoint of someone who is middle or left than Kavanaugh does.   I already knew about Hardiman and Barrett and the more I read about Thapar the more horrified I am 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snowgoose69 said:

My money is still on him withdrawing by the end of the week.    

If you're Kavanaugh, why wouldn't you wait it out a while longer?  You are in line for a supreme court seat and other women have not come forward with similar accusations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, colusion of grandeur said:

If you're Kavanaugh, why wouldn't you wait it out a while longer?  You are in line for a supreme court seat and other women have not come forward with similar accusations.

wtf is it with some of you guys with this bullshit idea it only counts if there is more than one woman?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, colusion of grandeur said:

If you're Kavanaugh, why wouldn't you wait it out a while longer?  You are in line for a supreme court seat and other women have not come forward with similar accusations.

ill repeat Trixie's question -- not sure why it matters that there needs to be more than one accuser for it to be something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, colusion of grandeur said:

If you're Kavanaugh, why wouldn't you wait it out a while longer?  You are in line for a supreme court seat and other women have not come forward with similar accusations.

I think he has no intention of withdrawing.  It’s McConnell or Trump or both who want him out so that the purple district reps don’t lose their seats for voting yes.  They can’t be dumb enough at this point to know no matter what the testimony reveals any GOP representative who is at risk and votes yes is in trouble in November.  Kavanaugh’s wife is also a wildcard factor here.  She may ask him to get out as well either because he may tell her the accusation is true behind closed doors or she may not want the family exposed to this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snowgoose69 said:

My money is still on him withdrawing by the end of the week.    

 

Just now, Snowgoose69 said:

I think he has no intention of withdrawing.  It’s McConnell or Trump or both who want him out so that the purple district reps don’t lose their seats for voting yes.  They can’t be dumb enough at this point to know no matter what the testimony reveals any GOP representative who is at risk and votes yes is in trouble in November.  Kavanaugh’s wife is also a wildcard factor here.  She may ask him to get out as well either because he may tell her the accusation is true behind closed doors or she may not want the family exposed to this 

racist asshole is a moron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So first he told McConnell he wasn't At the party even though very few specifics on date and location were provided. Now the defense is it was rough horseplay?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snowgoose69 said:

My money is still on him withdrawing   

We wished your dad had as well. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Apricot Hellbeast said:

So first he told McConnell he wasn't At the party even though very few specifics on date and location were provided. Now the defense is it was rough horseplay?

 

@PhineasC  holes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Apricot Hellbeast said:

So first he told McConnell he wasn't At the party even though very few specifics on date and location were provided. Now the defense is it was rough horseplay?

 

Phineas will be along soon to help poke holes in his story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it's the old it didnt happen because he wasn't there but even if he was it wasn't rape defense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snowgoose69 said:

My money is still on him withdrawing by the end of the week.    

 

Just now, Snowgoose69 said:

I think he has no intention of withdrawing.

O.o

Just curious... you say you're asexual, but you have 69 in your screen name.  I believe I see a pattern of self-contradiction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mappy said:

ill repeat Trixie's question -- not sure why it matters that there needs to be more than one accuser for it to be something

No no, I'm saying if you are looking at it from Kavanaugh's perspective.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Apricot Hellbeast said:

I guess it's the old it didnt happen because he wasn't there but even if he was it wasn't rape and even if it was she was a dirty slut that was asking for it defense

fyp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, colusion of grandeur said:

No no, I'm saying if you are looking at it from Kavanaugh's perspective.  

his perspective is he did nothing wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said yesterday.  The GOP new definition of rape is struggle fucking.  Horseplay with unwilling penetration.  Anything to make it less awful than it really is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Toad said:

 

O.o

Just curious... you say you're asexual, but you have 69 in your screen name.  I believe I see a pattern of self-contradiction.

That was a reference to the 1969 snowstorm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Don't elect bobbleheads said:

Just getting up to speed here..

Did his spokesperson say he was at the party?

 

That confused me too.  If the story has shifted to what that tweet says kavanaugh is officially done because now he’s admitting he was there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now