Welcome to American Politics

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MakeUSAProgressiveAgain

The New Economy and Markets Thread 2016

19,538 posts in this topic

Just now, Rent Free said:

Same and agree. Was thinking a nice pop would happen. 

We still have more selling ahead. Should break the low from 1-2 weeks ago

Just now, PhineasC said:

GE actually makes stuff so it won’t be the same as Enron which was basically a shell game. 

This is supposedly the same dude who was onto Madoff early on, had his concerns largely ignored.  He’s making some very aggressive statements about accounting in their long term care insurance unit.  GE will throw a lot of shade back at him because he refused to identity the hedge fund that hired him to look into GE.  I’m sure GE will claim that’s a conflict of interest...either way it’s going to put a lot of pressure on regulators to comb through a lot of stuff again.

19 hours ago, Captain Planet said:

I’m thinking about buying GE. Current price looks attractive. 

4BA0253B-9D1C-4F8C-B618-4ABDD77685C9.png

21AF3194-F5FA-40F2-9A46-A08E890DD28E.png

36415916-F68E-4CF3-A991-D7AE39F1A7E2.png

1 person likes this

and I’m sad to see boogie get injured again 

Posted (edited)

Just now, Banned by Fineprint Admin said:

D1A3210D-02BD-4F9F-9E43-0150979FFF05.png

Yeah it’s bad!! I didn’t foresee a whistleblower coming in and shitting on them. I had bought some shares yesterday and immediately sold them this early morning. Took a loss, but oh well, lesson learned. 

Edited by Captain Planet

Just now, NJHurricane said:

This is supposedly the same dude who was onto Madoff early on, had his concerns largely ignored.  He’s making some very aggressive statements about accounting in their long term care insurance unit.  GE will throw a lot of shade back at him because he refused to identity the hedge fund that hired him to look into GE.  I’m sure GE will claim that’s a conflict of interest...either way it’s going to put a lot of pressure on regulators to comb through a lot of stuff again.

Markopolos is definitely pretty credible (hence the steep stock move in response to his claims). That said, you always gotta stay a little skeptical when that much money is at stake and he stands to benefit. 

Just now, Captain Planet said:

Yeah it’s bad!! I didn’t foresee a whistleblower coming in and shitting on them. I had bought some shares yesterday and immediately sold them this early morning. Took a loss, but oh well, lesson learned. 

What is the lesson?

Good to get the selling pressure out of the way early.

On 8/9/2019 at 3:00 PM, america is a shithole said:

you guys should take up stamp collecting instead of being wrong about the stock market every day

Just now, FREE to LEAVE said:

What is the lesson?

That techical analysis has its limitations. 

Case and point about auctions being shitty. Look at the 4 week auction bid to cover was only 2.47 from 2.64. Something really doesn’t smell right. 

If GE is truly cooking the books, I hope the SEC does something soon. 

back to the tent :(

5 people like this

Just now, We're So Boned said:

back to the tent :(

lol my CBS short more than made up for my mistake of purchasing GE. My tent days are over. 

Just now, Rent Free said:

Case and point about auctions being shitty. Look at the 4 week auction bid to cover was only 2.47 from 2.64. Something really doesn’t smell right. 

https://www.stamp-collecting-world.com/

1 person likes this

Just now, wannabe hippie said:

Welp.

Lol what a difference 6 minutes makes.

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Fox News told me to put everything I own into gold and I did just that!

They’ve been saying that for a decade. Lolz. 

Surprise mortgage rates still haven’t come down more

Posted (edited)

JCP, KSS, M, and JWN are screwed. They are all good candidates for long term shorts. 

The only retailer I would consider at the moment is TJX, and that is because they have manageable debt and are growing for now. 

Edited by Captain Planet

Millenials are screwing clothing retail stores. I'm not even sure what the younger generation is buying anymore. Is AEO still "hip" ? 

For those worried about the houses liquidity we have plenty of yuans backing us so no worries 

1 person likes this

Millenials are screwing clothing retail stores. I'm not even sure what the younger generation is buying anymore. Is AEO still "hip" ? 

Urban Outfitters, H&M, Forever 21, Uniqlo.

Just now, Chargers09 said:

Tariffs have really put a hurting on clothing retailers. 

Just now, Chargers09 said:

I sometimes have to ask around where people shop nowadays. I rarely buy new clothes. I don't know if most men are like this, but if it wasn't for women, these businesses would of suffered years ago. I don't even buy decorations for the house and so forth. My wife and her friends appear to love homegoods though, so TJM seems like they are doing something right.