Welcome to American Politics

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MakeUSAProgressiveAgain

The New Economy and Markets Thread 2016

18,023 posts in this topic

Just now, Warren 2020! said:

Man, I feel it in my bones. Massive inflation is on the horizon.


It will devastating once its out of control.


I am not even sure how to prepare for it. Any ideas besides metals and crypto?

Nah, growth isn't exploding and the fed has its hand on the scale.

And for the most part you control your energy now.

You're never going to see massive inflation again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PB says what's up losers said:

Nah, growth isn't exploding and the fed has its hand on the scale.

You're never going to see massive inflation again.

Unless we start going full blown MMT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PB says what's up losers said:

Nah, growth isn't exploding and the fed has its hand on the scale.

And for the most part you control your energy now.

You're never going to see massive inflation again.

It's coming. I'm telling you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cold Rain said:

Nice.  Blowing Rock/West Jefferson area.  How bout you?  Going to guess within 60 miles of Asheville!

We are heading to caesars head SC. Will be hitting DuPont forest a good but for hikes and such. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, full brown shirt said:

it’s not messed up. you just don’t understand your policy.

You are the only person who likes this current insurance setup. I mean the only one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The worst part about QE is that it's going to happen again. The FED thinks it was a massive success. 

Biggest government handout in history and it almost all went to the rich. 

The fed actually put out a white paper saying it didn’t work, but they think it will next time though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PB says what's up losers said:

Nah, growth isn't exploding and the fed has its hand on the scale.

And for the most part you control your energy now.

You're never going to see massive inflation again.

Seems like more banks are seeing 50 bps cut at July meeting. Morgan Stanley just came out with that over the weekend and Barclays has been there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rent Free said:

Seems like more banks are seeing 50 bps cut at July meeting. Morgan Stanley just came out with that over the weekend and Barclays has been there. 

I posted a few weeks back it's .50 bps by years end.

I think its 2 , .25s

They never like to drop the hammer 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Unless we start going full blown MMT. 

I think they believe QE can help create a goldilocks feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rent Free said:

You are the only person who likes this current insurance setup. I mean the only one. 

i’m not and i have far more to complain about re: plans than you do.

but your ignorance of how your plan works is solely your fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warren 2020! said:

Man, I feel it in my bones. Massive inflation is on the horizon.


It will devastating once its out of control.


I am not even sure how to prepare for it. Any ideas besides metals and crypto?

TIPS or real estate (REITs)?

The latter may be a bit dicier with brick and mortar getting hammered. 

Usually I'd say healthcare and pharmaceutical stocks, but those have extra risk to them these days. You get something like universal single payer and they would tank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rent Free said:

You are the only person who likes this current insurance setup. I mean the only one. 

She just likes that you dont like it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rent Free said:

We are heading to caesars head SC. Will be hitting DuPont forest a good but for hikes and such. 

Awesome.   Have fun man.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Just now, PB says what's up losers said:

I posted a few weeks back it's .50 bps by years end.

I think its 2 , .25s

They never like to drop the hammer 

FFF are saying 1.0 cut by year end

Edited by Warren 2020!
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ORH_wxman said:

TIPS or real estate (REITs)?

The latter may be a bit dicier with brick and mortar getting hammered. 

Usually I'd say healthcare and pharmaceutical stocks, but those have extra risk to them these days. You get something like universal single payer and they would tank. 

RE was the go to in the past but this time rates were so low that prices are so inflated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rent Free said:

To show how messed up insurance is again. I went to the doc for my annual physical, which is suppose to be covered by insurance 100%. Well because I got a referral for physical therapy on my shoulder it became a sick visit and I had a co pay. It wasn’t much but I called the doctor’s office to complain and they said that’s the rules. 

Insurance companies love to play games like that. such BS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warren 2020! said:

It's coming. I'm telling you.

People were saying that massive hyper-inflation was on the way after the last QE the fed did, nothing happened. But obviously the fed does have a worry about inflation coming back, which is why they are hesitant to lower rates like Trump wants, and are trying to sell down their balance sheet. 

I do think it is funny that Trump is claiming that the head of the Euro is manipulating the currency with their policies, when he is trying to strong arm the Fed into manipulating the  US Dollar. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wannabe hippie said:

Insurance companies love to play games like that. such BS

 

it’s not a game. 

the no copay office visits are structured visits where certain questions have to be asked and any preventative testing scheduled.

referrals are a separate copay and clearly referenced as such in plan materials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disney is down 1.35 today because Toy Store 4 did not do as well as expected opening weekend, although it did bring in $118 million domestically. It was expected to bring in between 130-140 million in the US.  The film cost 200 million to make and another 100 million was spent on marketing it. 

 

United Health group - 3.01. HD -3.57.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, full brown shirt said:

it’s not a game. 

the no copay office visits are structured visits where certain questions have to be asked and any preventative testing scheduled.

referrals are a separate copay and clearly referenced as such in plan materials.

Sure it is a game.

Example go in for annual physical. As part of the physical your doctor does a standard EKG. Doctor sees an abnormality on it, refers you to a cardiologist. Insurance company now claims it isn't a annual physical, even though if you didn't get the test as part of your annual physical you wouldn't be referred to a different doctor.  All one big game by insurance companies to screw over the consumer and line their own pockets.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wannabe hippie said:

Sure it is a game.

Example go in for annual physical. As part of the physical your doctor does a standard EKG. Doctor sees an abnormality on it, refers you to a cardiologist. Insurance company now claims it isn't a annual physical, even though if you didn't get the test as part of your annual physical you wouldn't be referred to a different doctor.  All one big game by insurance companies to screw over the consumer and line their own pockets.

 

 

and you guys think you’re financial wizards. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My doc tries to cheat me out of the copay every year.

If you say 1 thing is bothering you, they charge.

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warren 2020! said:

My doc tries to cheat me out of the copay every year.

If you say 1 thing is bothering you, they charge.

 

 

What’s the purpose of a well visit? If everything is great why even bother. 

On another note this dry needling on my shoulder is amazing 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now