Welcome to American Politics

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fozz

The Muslim internment camps are in full swing

39 posts in this topic

Just now, Fozz said:

Sounds like some of the worst episodes of Black Mirror.

I haven't seen that series but a couple friends who watch it have told me I'd like it given my cynicism toward surveillance technology. 

China is the evil empire and must be dealt with. The addiction to cheap labor and now a big middle class they stole from all the other countries around the world needs to end. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Rent Free said:

China is the evil empire and must be dealt with. The addiction to cheap labor and now a big middle class they stole from all the other countries around the world needs to end. 

This is going to become a lot more clear in the next several years. Trump and the growing divide in American politics has been overshadowing (to the general public) just how bad China is becoming under Xi and it's not going to get any better as the communist government is forced to clamp down on dissent more and more during worsening economic conditions. 

On 7/12/2019 at 9:49 PM, Fozz said:

This is so horrific and completely unbearable to watch, at least if you have a conscience.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-china-48873934/xinjiang-china-where-are-my-children

The Economist has had stories on this in the past. The CCP wants to assimilate anyone who isn't Han, by any means necessary. Re-education camps, taking kids away to be brought up by Han families, etc.

On 7/15/2019 at 6:43 PM, wannabe hippie said:

The Economist has had stories on this in the past. The CCP wants to assimilate anyone who isn't Han, by any means necessary. Re-education camps, taking kids away to be brought up by Han families, etc.

So the Han are bigots just like white folks? 

The Han don’t like Muslims, Conservative white people don’t like Muslims, Hindu Indians don’t like Muslims, Muslims don’t like Muslims. What am I missing? 

Just now, Captain Planet said:

The Han don’t care either, there is no being PC. The Han want nothing to do with Islam. 

No shit?

Just now, Fozz said:

No shit?

It sucks, and I feel bad for truly peaceful people that are being threatened and tormented. The Chinese have always wanted cultural preservation though. 

On 7/21/2019 at 1:44 PM, Captain Planet said:

The Han don’t care either, there is no being PC. The Han want nothing to do with Islam. 

Chinese people like to blather about how glorious China is a bastion of diversity compared to monoethnic japan, but their notion of multiculturalism is basically the hans stomping out all minority groups.  Muslims tibetans Hong kongers you name it

that said, even japan has blanket surveillance of the country’s Muslim community, including mosques halal food restaurants etc

concepts like diversity, multiculturalism, and political correctness don’t exist in most of Asia