Welcome to American Politics

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
it also does not exonerate

the GOP's war on women

4,606 posts in this topic

Oklahoma may require restroom signs in anti-abortion effort

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/government/oklahoma-may-require-restroom-signs-in-anti-abortion-effort/article_cbdfe497-f657-5e85-bc33-e03dcff91121.html#.WFAf74mNKOg.twitter

Oklahoma plans to force hospitals, nursing homes, restaurants and public schools to post signs inside public restrooms directing pregnant women where to receive services as part of an effort to reduce abortions in the state.

The State Board of Health will consider regulations for the signs on Tuesday. Businesses and other organizations will have to pay an estimated $2.3 million to put up the signs because the Legislature didn't approve any money for them.

The provision for the signs was tucked into a law that the Legislature passed this year that requires the state to develop informational material "for the purpose of achieving an abortion-free society." The signs must be posted by January 2018.

7 minutes ago, whamby said:

Sickening. Along with the bill Kasich signed today.

the punchline in the OK bill is that the legislature refused to fund the signs.

thanks for the head's up on the OH bill.

this law has no exception for rape or incest.  tell me again how this asshole is a moderate?

Ohio Gov. John Kasich vetoes heartbeat bill, signs 20-week abortion ban

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-ohio-abortion-heartbeat-bill-20161213-story.html

Kasich, an abortion-rights opponent, chose instead to sign off on a 20-week ban similar to those now in effect in 15 states and blocked from enforcement in two others. The measures are based on the assertion that fetuses can feel pain then, which opponents characterize as scientifically unsound. Ohio lawmakers rejected a Democratic amendment that would have added exceptions for rape and incest.

all of the typical gross GOP things are part of this:

--bait and switch to make this one seem reasonable.

--based on lies, not science.

--no compassion for victims of crimes.

--likely to end up in court, and still probably lose, wasting taxpayer money.

6 minutes ago, LOL Trump won said:

"War on Women" Oy Vey 9_9

lordy, you post too much... where's the ignore button..

There's just no end to the obsession with what women do with their bodies out there. Little doubt that it's not among the top priorities of rural policymakers around the country. Makes my skin crawl to think how much time and energy is devoted to the issue. If you thought the cabinet and staff appointments were bad, just wait until Trump's justice nomination! All the creeps out there will have free rein to rewrite decades of hard-fought reproductive rights. 

2 hours ago, wxtrix said:

this law has no exception for rape or incest.  tell me again how this asshole is a moderate?

Ohio Gov. John Kasich vetoes heartbeat bill, signs 20-week abortion ban

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-ohio-abortion-heartbeat-bill-20161213-story.html

all of the typical gross GOP things are part of this:

--bait and switch to make this one seem reasonable.

--based on lies, not science.

--no compassion for victims of crimes.

--likely to end up in court, and still probably lose, wasting taxpayer money.

Told you he wouldn't sign the heartbeat one 

2 minutes ago, Rgwp96 said:

Told you he wouldn't sign the heartbeat one 

do you want a cookie?  this one is pretty awful.  yes, high fives all around for this awful bill!  woohoo!  he really stuck it to women and their uppity ideas about having total control of their own bodies!!! 

Expect to hear more quotes being sourced from this new "report" in the coming days and weeks:

http://unsafereport.org

Incredibly lacking in facts and details, so pretty much grade A material for righties.

White women supported Trump over Hillary. Perhaps not every woman is a bitter old third wave feminist cat lady like trix? 

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

White women supported Trump over Hillary. Perhaps not every woman is a bitter old third wave feminist cat lady like trix? 

My wife can drive a golf ball straight 170 yards, she got straight As for her Master's degree at night while working a 45 hour week during the day

and can crack open a walnut without her fingers and toes and she voted for Hillary.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, winterymix said:

My wife can drive a golf ball straight 170 yards, she got straight As for her Master's degree at night while working a 45 hour week during the day

and can crack open a walnut without her fingers and toes and she voted for Hillary.

I'm sure she feels very fulfilled right now.

10 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Is such a demeaning post really necessary? 

1 person likes this

From the article wxtrix posted:

"Ohio lawmakers rejected a Democratic amendment that would have added exceptions for rape and incest."

Penias, lol dumb one and dingleberry think this is funny. I have to admit, I didn't actually think they were capable of stooping this low. Shame on me for even thinking there was a shred of decency left in these people. 

Edited by sampson

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

I'm sure she feels very fulfilled right now.

She is doing something very feminine, artistic and fulfilling at this time during her hiatus from the news.

Just now, sampson said:

From the article wxtrix posted:

"Ohio lawmakers rejected a Democratic amendment that would have added exceptions for rape and incest."

Penias, lol dumb one and dingleberry think this is funny. I have to admit, I didn't actually think they were capable of stooping this low. Shame on me for even thinking there was a shred of decency in these people. 

Who is dingleberry?

Just now, Member Berries said:

And right on cue, here comes Fozz to the rescue of wxtrix the victim...

What he said to her was a classic example of condescending mansplaining. I find it very telling that you liked his post.

I can't imagine being a woman and dealing with a lifetime of such shitty insults. Male privilege really is a gift.

Edited by Fozz

4 minutes ago, Fozz said:

What he said to her was a classic example of condescending mansplaining. I find it very telling that you liked his post.

I liked his post because of the part about more white women voting for Trump, which is true. 

But of course, I realize facts don't matter around here. 

Edited by Member Berries

Just now, Member Berries said:

Who is dingleberry?

you as a child. now you're a full grown piece of shit.

1 person likes this